- Justin Marozzi has won the 2015 RSL Ondaatje Prize with 'Baghdad: City of Peace, City of Blood'
- Listen to Hilary Mantel in conversation with Harriet Walter
- Fellows sign the RSL Roll Book using Byron's pen or T.S. Eliot's fountain pen
- Michael Frayn visits King Solomon Academy as part of our Schools Outreach programme
- The winner of the 2014 RSL Jerwood Awards for Non-Fiction, Laurence Scott
- The 2014 V.S. Pritchett Memorial Prize winner, Alice Jolly
- Watch RSL/Booker Prize Foundation Masterclass tutors giving writing tips and talking about their works
- Apply for a place on our forthcoming Masterclass 'How to write a comic novel' with Howard Jacobson on 5 September
If you love reading, we are your Society - uniquely devoted to promoting and extending the knowledge and love of literature, its rich past and its vibrant present. Colin Thubron, President
Latest from the RSL
RSL/Booker Prize Foundation Autumn Masterclasses
Booking is now open for our autumn 2015 masterclasses. Howard Jacobson on how to write a comic novel, Deborah Moggach on adapting books into films and Simon Armitage on putting your ideas and feelings …
Become a Member
Membership of the Royal Society of Literature is open to all. Benefits include free entry to our events and a complimentary subscription to the RSL Review. Become an RSL Member today.
Publisher accepts novelist’s ‘year of women’ challenge
Small press And Other Stories will produce no books by men in 2018 in answer to RSL Fellow Kamila Shamsie’s call for direct action to beat gender bias in publishing. Read the full Guardian article.
RSL Jerwood Awards for Non-Fiction 2015
We are now accepting submissions for the RSL Jerwood Awards 2015. These awards are open to writers engaged on their first commissioned works of non-fiction. UK and Irish citizens and those who have be …
RSL Ondaatje Prize 2015: winner announced
Justin Marozzi has won the 2015 RSL Ondaatje Prize with Baghdad: City of Peace, City of Blood (Allen Lane). “I am deeply honoured and completely thrilled to have been awarded the RSL’s Ondaatje Prize. …