- Jackie Kay, Paul Muldoon, Jo Shapcott and more, On Shakespeare's sonnets, 11 February, King's College London
- Robert Harris, The political novel, 23 February, LSE
- Justin Marozzi has won the 2015 RSL Ondaatje Prize with 'Baghdad: City of Peace, City of Blood'
- Listen to Hilary Mantel in conversation with Harriet Walter
- Fellows sign the RSL Roll Book using Byron's pen or T.S. Eliot's fountain pen
- Michael Frayn visits King Solomon Academy as part of our Schools Outreach programme
- Watch RSL/Booker Prize Foundation Masterclass tutors giving writing tips and talking about their works
If you love reading, we are your Society - uniquely devoted to promoting and extending the knowledge and love of literature, its rich past and its vibrant present. Colin Thubron, President
Latest from the RSL
Jamal Mahjoub on why publishers need to recognise the world’s complexity (from RSL Review, Spring 2016 )
About ten years ago I learned that a novel of mine had been turned down by a well-known mainstream publisher. Such things happen; I wasn’t particularly upset. I was, however, surprised when the editor …
RSL Spring/Summer programme now booking!
We are now open for bookings for our Spring/Summer programme 2016. Highlights include On Shakespeare’s sonnets featuring ten renowned poets and Writing London.
The RSL supports Fair Terms for Authors
The RSL is supporting an open letter that the Society of Authors has written to publishers to ask them to help improve authors’ earnings by addressing contractual terms. The letter is part of an inter …
RSL Jerwood Awards 2015: Winners Announced
We are delighted to announce that the winners of the 2015 RSL Jerwood Awards are: Thomas Morris, Catherine Nixey and Duncan White.
V.S. Pritchett Memorial Prize 2015
The judges of the 2015 V.S. Pritchett Memorial Prize, Philip Hensher, Adam Mars-Jones and Rose Tremain, selected Jonathan Tel as the winner, for his story ‘The Seduction of a Provincial Accountant’. …